well. shall we start by pointing out the obvious? if you are any kind of observant, you may have noticed the large black title at the top of the page has been changed.
if you did not notice, you are clearly not any kind of observant. (sorry ’bout it!)
see.. I got married.. (surprise!) and according to the government.. my last name is no longer Wilkinson.. which makes my prior blog name sadly sort of irrelevant.
I have struggled to come up with a new name for my blog that was of the same caliber as “The Wilki Way,” and no inspiration had hit me.. I wanted to do something lame and quirky and/or alliteration-y with Havea.. like.. Have-a Good Day.. or Hello Havea.. or.. something even worse. (I know, the mind reels.) but maybe I just haven’t been an H-name long enough to know the cool associations.
and last night, as I read through dumb things on the internet.. like how my rap name could be any of the following:
Wicked Aubrey H Ritzy Slam
Juicy Aubrey A
XL Aubrey a.k.a. Madam Tender
or A Aubrey Booty Nugget
and, you know… really doing useful things with my life…
it hit me that this blog is so much a mixture of my thoughts and musings and poetry and photos and.. life.. that it’s kind of like a letter from me to cyber world. it’s like a dear diary entry.. so I should sign it, Sincerely, Aubrey.
and I liked it.
who knows, though?.. at any given moment I may re-name it to The Musings of Madam Tender Booty Nugget (gross) and you will LOVE IT.
but enough of that. let’s get on to the third installment of this questionnaire and then I will feel accomplished.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
dude. easy. I would be able to teleport ANYWHERE I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. like.. apparate Harry Potter style. and the first thing I would do with it? obvi. go see my husband. errrday. and then go see Europe.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
hm. 5 years, I see me FINALLY living with husband, in the same country, hopefully still working at my new job.. but promoted, and also doing freelance photography and design work on the side. and provided husby is fairly solidified in a career or education.. having a kid. (yikes. yi-hikes.)
10 years? I prolly wanna be done having kids, considering I’ll be 37 by then. so I guess I should get a move on in the next decade. I see us having 3 kids or so. and since husband wants to go into the military, I’m actually not sure where we’ll be living at that point. if we CAN stay close to my fam, that’d be sweet… but I kind of don’t see that happening, based on the career choice.. if that works out. but I imagine I’ll still be working at least part-time as a mom, so I can help pay the bills. but within 10 years, I should have enough freelance design and photography work and experience to really be able to contribute to our income without having to be away from home a lot. (so hire me! I’m good, I promise.)
15 years.. uh… pretty much the same as the 10 year summary.
I’ll be honest, since I don’t even have a guarantee that my husband can get in the country yet.. I’m not banking on any plans at this point. my future is extremely unknown, given that he has to start over from ground zero in education and career when he finally does get here. and I’m not sure how it’s gonna pan out. this question is making me stressed.
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
didn’t we already do a question like this?
let’s see.. in no particular order.
- photography – I love capturing life through my point of view.. because no two points of view are ever quite the same, even of the same subject. and the darkroom and/or photoshop manipulations and edits are so much fun to me.. I love the artistry that comes through composition and manipulation of a photograph, either to portray reality, or to distort it into something else.
- I’ll just summarize this one into a range of fine art. I love drawing with graphite the most, but I also really like working with pastels and charcoals and pen and ink.. and of course graphic design on the computer, translating from hand-drawings to computer graphics. I’m not a huge fan of painting or sculpture, but sometimes they’re aight. I guess I’m more a 2-D kind of gal. (yes I realize painting is mostly 2-D. it’s whatever.)
- music!!! I love singing, playing the piano, and listening to (literally) all kinds of music. I can find something from every genre that I like. I grew up in a highly musical family, so that’s always been one of my favorite activities.. it’s necessary, like breathing.
- I’m a really big sports fan. in my family, we watch sports together. it’s just what we do. and my mom screams louder at the TV/game than my dad does. I am a huge Ute fan and a Utah Jazz fan.. my favorite sports to watch are football, basketball, and rugby.. and my favorite sports to play are volleyball and softball.
- it’s hard for me to pick a top 5 here.. I enjoy so many things.. I could say dancing, movies, reading, shopping, decorating, concerts, camping, theater.. but I think I’ll go with traveling as my other top 5 hobby. I absolutely love seeing new places, meeting new people, taking in new culture, trying new food.. I have an adventurous soul and I am always itching to go somewhere and experience something new. (I think I have to be this way in order to deal with marrying someone from another country, and potentially moving around with a husband in the military. I don’t think it would work otherwise.)
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
my family dynamic hasn’t actually changed that much. I’m the oldest child and I would take the lead when we (my siblings and I) were kids with my imaginative crazy ideas.. but we were always great friends and very close. we enjoyed spending time together and playing games and watching movies, and that hasn’t changed at all. I am super close with my siblings.. we are all just older, but we are still tight. now we are just adding new spouses into the mix, who, fortunately, like hanging out with the fam just as much as we do. I feel very lucky.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
sheesh. I guess I’d pick Abraham Lincoln. I’m really curious as to how he was in real life.. I like him. (not as a vampire hunter.)
and we’d eat… good.. food? idk. whatever early American food was delicious.
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
haha. interesting. today we just had a lesson in Sunday School about Korihor the Anti-Christ from the Book of Mormon, and how the world latches onto his attitude even today. I also have seen a couple of articles about Christ lately that have made me think.. generally I think most people accept that Jesus Christ existed, as a human being, but so many reject the notion of his divinity.. that he could be the Son of God and our Savior. if you pray in sincerity about this principle, you can feel the truth of it… unequivocally. intellectuals want to intellectualize their way out of belief and faith. but the other thing that most of the world has wrong about Christ, is, even if they believe he’s the Savior, they think they don’t have to do anything besides “believe” in him or say they accept him to be saved. the world is lazy and they want “now” results. I think deep down, we all know that it takes a lifetime of righteous living and repentance in order to be saved in the end, and then Christ makes up the difference where we fall short after all we can do. people just don’t want to work that hard. really, though.. if you think about it, life is a whole lot easier when you don’t have the consequences of bad choices and/or sin to deal with. plus, you get eternal happiness. winner!
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
hm… visually: my lips. my lips are shaped the way kids always doodle them. (I always wanted to be a makeup aisle lip model. haha.)
functionally: my hands. I mean, really.. what would I do without them? I have very capable hands, and I need them.
28. What is your love language?
when I have taken the love language quiz, it tells me my love language is physical touch. I also scored high in words of affirmation and quality time.
here’s the description:
This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face–they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.
so there’s that. (Mote.. take notes.)
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
I don’t really know how to say this the right way.. please don’t think I’m being conceited or something. but from the comments I get all the time, I think people think I’m really confident and good at everything. I always get comments about how talented I am and get asked things like, “Is there ANYthing you’re not good at?”
I think I come across this way because my talents are very visible. many of them are performance-related or art-related or physical, tangible things that you can see. I also realized I have been very blessed with my talents and I feel a great responsibility to not “hide my light under a bushel,” as it were.
but what I think people don’t understand or see are the insecurities inside.. or the fear of not measuring up compared to other people who are also talented in the same areas. I come across as confident, but I don’t always feel that way inside. my philosophy is always, “act like you know what you’re doing and people will believe you.”
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
okay.. this question is surprisingly difficult. but I’ll give it a shot. (remember, this is what I HOPE to be remembered for.. a.k.a. things I’m still working on.)
- a strong testimony and outstanding faith
- my awesome sense of humor
- the art, photos, and things I have created
- my writing and poetry
- my love for people
- being a good wife, mother, grandmother, etc.
- my spunk
- that I stood up for what I believed in
- that I made the world a little bit more beautiful, better place
- the music I made
haaaaaa.. yes! I finished it!
y’welcome, internets and future posterity.
Aubrey (<—-eh??? see what I did there??? I think this could work.)