the past week has been… ridiculous?
let me break it down a little.
within an hour, I dropped my phone and shattered its screen (it still works but it looks like a spiderweb) and BROKE my toe.
luckily I work with a bunch of medical professionals who helped me put ice in a glove and tape it and wrap it.. and.. as I changed the ice glove throughout the night, the wrapping probably got worse. eventually the fingers started popping out and I accidentally started flipping the world off for its offenses against me, and thus the foot bird was born:
my students were HIGHLY amused.
THEN.. I went to my figure drawing class Monday and Wednesday this week.. and the model our professor had hired happened to have been modeling in art classes since 1984, kids. yes. that’s before I was even born.
yes. she was old and wrinkly.. and yes. she was wearing a bikini. and yes.. you could see hair where you would NEVER want to see hair. just sayin.
please don’t throw up on your computer. that’s sick.
and THEN.. my work decides to drop a bomb on me, expecting me to be overjoyed and throw a party, that they have decided to merge my two classes into one and I will be cut to part-time. woohoo! yay economy!
so. since positivity is a choice.. let’s talk about the upsides to the week:
I lost 2 lbs.
I won’t have to work nights anymore!!
I have the BEST roommates in the world.. who got me gorgeous tulips and iced my toe and kept me laughing.
Annnnd here we are. the first decade of the 2000’s has passed, and it’s time to move on to a better and brighter future. I’m gonna do myself a favor and pretend most of 2010 didn’t happen, considering it was …. not my favorite year of life. mmk?
That’s not to say it was all bad.. for example, Christmas was wonderful.. because I love my family. they are the coolest. (obvi, since they produced me.) AND I love Jesus.
but so far, I have no qualms with 2011. I started it out right.. in Vegas with my best friends. (following photo stolen from Cam’s Facebook)
usually I hate New Years because it’s so overrated and anti-climactic, (and that includes New Years Resolutions. ridick. I don’t do those.) but that was New Year’s done right.
- First night in St. Geezy, lunch with Elsie and boutique/outlet shopping to remedy the fact that the ONLY pair of jeans I brought definitely had a gaping hole in the crotch. I mean, I know I was going to Vegas, but I wasn’t tryna go to quite that extreme.
- GHETTO Imperial Palace hotel with a bomb central strip location
- s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g. biggest H&M in the world in Caesar’s Palace? okey dokey. when do I move in?
- food, food, foooooood. The Hash House, something I can’t remember the name of in Planet Hollywood that was yum, and Dick’s Last Resort. The latter was HILARIOUS, but the only appropriate picture I feel comfortable posting for all the world to see is the picture of my Diet Coke with 25 straws in it. if you have never been there.. oh man. it’s a special place.
- L.A. comedy show at the Four Queens
- Fremont Street crazy drunk homeless dudes who loved us
- Karaoke. Me, Mariah Carey, and my own personal groupie. Dance-off.
- New Years kisses
- Fireworks! (I hate you, Katy Perry, for ruining that word for me forever. I have never felt, and will never feel, like a plastic bag.)
- Observing Black Jack and playing Zeus II once — not my fave.
- We’re sober, cuz around me they be actin like dey dru-u-unk. And that’s a fact.. people are crazy in Vegas. It was very amusing.
- Seeing all the pretty people.. especially in the Cosmopolitan. That is a swanky hotel/casino, kids. It was pretty swaggerific.
- The fact that I got to escape from Utah for a few days
Also in recent news…
MUCH needed girls’ night out with my beautiful roommates. we danced our bums off and laughed in between. it was pretty epic.
my first ever legit trip to Crystal Hot Springs during which I did not sneak into a hotel pool and get the cops called. I have no idea what that would be about.
it was lovely and mineral-y and hot!
today I started school again after a 4-year absence. let’s be honest, it’s uber-weird to be a student now that I’m also a teacher. it gives me whole a different perspective. I might even be quite well-behaved this time around.
but know what’s awesome? the fact that I only get to take what I used to consider to be “fun” classes. I was crazy not to do this before. (p.s. for those of you just coming in to this news, I’m going back to study graphic design so I can pretty much change my whole career. woop!)
k.. that’s all I’m sharing for today. I hope you’re grateful for all these AWESOME crappy phone pictures. yeah-yuh!! byeeeeeeeee!
Posted in Really?
- Tagged artsy fartsy, Cale, Cambria, Elsie, escuela, family, friends, I like this, Natalie, that's my life, Vegas